[TYPO3-english] colPos for inline element in TCA?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Oct 31 17:22:36 CET 2009

Lee Perry schrieb:

> I need this, because it would be an easy way to have two different
> inline element fields in my data ('additional_content' with colPos=1 and
> 'additional_marginal' with colPos=2) otherwise I have to add two more
> fields in the tt_content for different 'foreign_field's and
> 'foreign_table_field's.

Usually you'll only need one "parent" field in the foreign table, pointing
to the record in which you created the IRRE field. When the IRRE field is
configured correctly, it should simply pull out all elements pointint to it.

As I have understood you now, you would like to have two IRRE fields, both
containing tt_content records - but of course different ones, and you'll select
them with an additional "where" in your IRRE configuration.

I guess the best solution would be to use two different MM tables, and using
the "MM" property of an "inline" (IRRE) field. If both fields use a different
MM table it would be possible to have different records in both fields.

greets,
Bernhard