[TYPO3-english] tt_content title condition

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Oct 31 17:16:20 CET 2009

Sergio Catalá Gil schrieb:

> if <the title of any tt_content displayed on the page is "Special">
> 	do some sentences on TS
> else
> 	do other sentences on TS

You wont be able to use conditions for switching the rendering of content
elements. conditions are handled at page-level, so no conditions get evaluated
again during rendering of content elements.

I answered a similar question some time ago:

<http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2009-October/064397.html>
Someone wanted to have different TypoScript setup, depending on the uid
of a tt_content element. See my reply to the linked posting

> Besides, is there any Global Wrap I can apply to every tt_content
> element in every branch?

Use the TYPOSCRIPT OBJECT BROWSER (!!!!).

I do not know who reads this list, and why people ask rather boring questions
all the time (sorry, I do not want to offend you personally!) but just let me
tell all of you, using the TYPOSCRIPT OBJECT BROWSER, to explore your current
TypoScript setup, will allow you to get an insight what TypoScript really is,
can do for you and how to perform this and this task using it.

You'll find the TS Object Browser in:
Web > Template > Selectbox "TypoScript Object Browser" > Browse "Setup"
Should yield a tree labeled "SETUP ROOT"

You'll then see a tree of your current setup. If you know that the top-level
TypoScript configuration "tt_content" is responsible for rendering all your
content elements, you can just dig into it, and find a solution for your problem.

In your case the "global wrap" could be found in:

tt_content.stdWrap

greets,
Bernhard