[TYPO3-english] Extending fe_users with RTE for sr_feuser_register problem

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Oct 31 17:00:28 CET 2009

Matthew Colton schrieb:

> So far everything worked fine, but I defined one of the new fields as RTE. It
> seems this is ignored as a plain text area is rendered in the FE.

Usually the FE does not really care much about TCA. If you defined the field as RTE
in the BE, and you can use the RTE when editing the user-record, this wont mean you
also get an RTE in the FE.

I do not know if sr_feuser_register supports RTE fields for registering users, I doubt
it does. Of course I might just underestimate the widely used sr_feuser_register extension,
and it might support FE-RTEs right out of the box.

But I guess you'll have to use some RTE extension, allowing you to easily add RTEs to FE
pages. There are some FE-Plugins about RTE in the TER. Just search for "RTE" in the
Extension manager and have a look at the FE-Plugins section.

greets,
Bernhard