[TYPO3-english] colPos for inline element in TCA?

Lee Perry leeperry at slack.de
Fri Oct 30 18:45:57 CET 2009

Heya,

in my TCA I have an inline element with the table "tt_content" as
'foreign_table'. So I can add normal tt_content elements to my data and
it works all fine, but can I set the tt_content.colPos of such an inline
element like in the data structure of a TemplaVoila content area with
'<oldStyleColumnNumber type="integer">1</oldStyleColumnNumber>'?
For now the inline element has always the colPos=0 in the tt_content
table, because it is not set from the TCA.

I couldn't find any hint in the documentation that it is possible, but
maybe ...

I need this, because it would be an easy way to have two different
inline element fields in my data ('additional_content' with colPos=1 and
'additional_marginal' with colPos=2) otherwise I have to add two more
fields in the tt_content for different 'foreign_field's and
'foreign_table_field's.

Anybody can help me?

Thanx and greetings,
Lee