[TYPO3-english] Problem with Realurl and multilanguage site urls

Michael Tamburini barcarogf+typo3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:32:50 CET 2009

Hello, I have a big problem with Realurl and I hope you could help me. I
have set in my backend the default language as German but in frontend I
nedd to have Italian as main language, so I put in my template setup
these  lines:

config {
   sys_language_uid = 1
   language = it
}

Now if I access my site the home page displays Italian as default and
all the main level of the site is in Italian but page urls are in
German. That's a problem since we're facing SEO requests about page naming.
If I set German as main site language everything goes fine, with page
urls for German in German and page urls for Italian in Italian.
My version of Typo3 is 4.2.8 and Realurl is 1.5.3.

Any hint about it?

Thank you,
Michael.