[TYPO3-english] Extending fe_users with RTE for sr_feuser_register problem

Matthew Colton mat at colton.de
Thu Oct 29 17:14:02 CET 2009

Hi,
I followed the docs in the sr_feuser_register extension how to include new
fields in the fe_users table (via extension) and how to make them be displayed
in sr_feuser_register.
So far everything worked fine, but I defined one of the new fields as RTE. It
seems this is ignored as a plain text area is rendered in the FE.

The configuration option of the field is present in the ext_tables.php file
and I included the following code in ext_localconf.php:

if (TYPO3_MODE=='FE'){
  $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['sr_feuser_register']['extendingTCA']
[] = 'myExtensionName';
}

If that line is missing the field isn't rendered in the front end, so the TCA
seems to be extended correctly, but the type isn't set to RTE. There is no RTE
specific JS-Code in the FE page, so that might be the problem.

So my question is: Has anybody successfully extended the fe_users table with a
field defined as textarea with RTE?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!
--
Cheers
Matthew Colton