[TYPO3-english] Install ImageMagick Where?

Brad Klafehn brad at bradk.org
Thu Oct 29 16:51:00 CET 2009

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Am 29.10.2009, 00:44 Uhr, schrieb Brad Klafehn <brad at bradk.org>:
>
>> I obtained shell access to my shared hosting environment.  I got the
>> file ImageMagick-4.2.9.tar.gz, transferred it to the hosting account
>> and unpacked it.  For identify, combine, and convert, there were 2
>> files for each, identify.1 and identify.c.  I renamed the identify.c
>> file, for example, to identify.bin, but left the identify/1 file
>> alone.  I then created the 3 files (as you have using pico).  For
>> example, my combine file reads:
>
> *.c files are source code - you have to compile this before!
> Maybe you should just use the static linked 4.2.9, which has been
> available for years on typo3.sunsite.dk, but is now gone (I just realized).
>
> Nevertheless: Please use IM 6 - version 4 isn't fully supported by TYPO3
> 4.3. Or use GraphicsMagick.
>
> Steffen
OK.  I gave up on ImageMagick and installed GraphicsMagick instead (ver.
1.3.7).  I then ran configure to compile it.  Unfortunately, it is still
not working in TYPO3.  My configuration is as follows:

GraphicsMagick enabled: 1
GraphicsMagick path: /GraphicsMagick/GraphicsMagick-1.3.7/ ()
GraphicsMagick path/LZW: ()
Version 5/GraphicsMagick flag: gm

GDLib enabled: 1
GDLib using PNG: 0
GDLib 2 enabled: 0
IM5 effects enabled: -1 (Blurring/Sharpening with IM 5+)
Freetype DPI: 72 (Should be 96 for Freetype 2)
Mask invert: 0 (Should be set for some IM versions approx. 5.4+)

File Formats: gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf,ai

However, I have set the parameter im = 1.  Should I set that to 0?

I also have not reset the PATH, MAGICK_HOME, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variables, as was suggested initially.  Do I need to do that also

Danke sehr fuer deine Hilfe!