[TYPO3-english] Install ImageMagick Where?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Oct 29 08:14:13 CET 2009

Am 29.10.2009, 00:44 Uhr, schrieb Brad Klafehn <brad at bradk.org>:

> I obtained shell access to my shared hosting environment.  I got the
> file ImageMagick-4.2.9.tar.gz, transferred it to the hosting account and
> unpacked it.  For identify, combine, and convert, there were 2 files for
> each, identify.1 and identify.c.  I renamed the identify.c file, for
> example, to identify.bin, but left the identify/1 file alone.  I then
> created the 3 files (as you have using pico).  For example, my combine
> file reads:

*.c files are source code - you have to compile this before!
Maybe you should just use the static linked 4.2.9, which has been
available for years on typo3.sunsite.dk, but is now gone (I just realized).

Nevertheless: Please use IM 6 - version 4 isn't fully supported by TYPO3
4.3. Or use GraphicsMagick.

Steffen