[TYPO3-english] Install ImageMagick Where?

Brad Klafehn brad at bradk.org
Thu Oct 29 00:44:52 CET 2009

Peter Russ wrote:
> [...]
Hello Peter - Since you were so kind to reply to my query on the TYPO3
newsgroup, perhaps you can help me some more.

I obtained shell access to my shared hosting environment.  I got the
file ImageMagick-4.2.9.tar.gz, transferred it to the hosting account and
unpacked it.  For identify, combine, and convert, there were 2 files for
each, identify.1 and identify.c.  I renamed the identify.c file, for
example, to identify.bin, but left the identify/1 file alone.  I then
created the 3 files (as you have using pico).  For example, my combine
file reads:

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
export PATH;
PATH="/home1/lmcsolut/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-4.2.9/combine.bin:$PATH"
export MAGICK_HOME="/home1/lmcsolut/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-4.2.9"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home1/lmcsolut/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-4.2.9/lib"
home1/lmcsolut/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-4.2.9/combine.bin $*

I guess I don't know what the first and last lines do.  I see no
/usr/... directory in what I have access to.

Anyway, I went into the TYPO BE and provided the path
home1/lmcsolut/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-4.2.9/ to the im parameter.  I
used the same path to the im/LZW parameter, even though I didn't know
what that effect would be.

I then used the image testmenu, and all of the tests still fail.

Can you see what I am doing wrong?

Again, thanks so much for your help.

- Brad Klafehn, Denver