[TYPO3-english] Some images are not displayed for some users.. strange

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Wed Oct 28 16:56:15 CET 2009

Betreff:    [TYPO3-english] Some images are not displayed for some
users..	strange
> Hi,
>
> today i'm coming up with a strange problem which I can hardly specify.
>
> It's about this page:
>
> http://p113267.typo3server.info/produkte-und-leistungen/kaelte-und-klimatechnik/bilder/2/
>

> In the blue box there should be 2 images of machines but for some users
> they do not appear.
> If those users switch to other images (using the arrows in the blue box)
> they appear.
> I gave the direct link of such an image
> (http://p113267.typo3server.info/typo3temp/pics/ffb789ce8b.jpg)
> to a "problem user" and he can not see the image either.
> I changed the quality of the images, so that new images are rendered by
> TYPO3, but still the same images do not
> appear for certain users.
>
> I told them to refresh without cache (Ctrl+F5 on PC and Apple+Shift+R on
> Mac) and still there is no image.
>
> I only know the client setup of one problem user (Firefox 3 on Mac). For
> me (all major browsers on Windows) it
> works as expected.
>
> So, even if you DON'T HAVE A SUGGESTION for me, I would appreciate it
> when you post here if you have problems
> with the images or not and what browser/operation system you have.
>
> I'm totally helpless at the moment, especially because i can not
> reproduce the problem for myself.
>
> Kind regards,
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

PS7 says there is a ICC-Profile in the Image ffb789ce8b.jpg and refuses
interpretation of this profile - nevertheless it's displayed.
But in IE8 the Image isn't displayed at all.
FF, Chrome and Safari do display the Image regardless of any unusable or
broken profile (perhaps it's interpreted by the browsers but I don't know).

Best Regards
David