[TYPO3-english] Fe Usergroup Concept

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:17:42 CET 2009

Am Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:48:05 +0100 schrieb Benno Weinzierl:

> Hi,
>
> how do you guys handle user-access in the frontend on complex sites.
> What is the best practice here?
>
> I have difficulties in getting a solution for this example:
>
> Usergroup: Developer
> Usergroup: Projectmanager
>
> Usergroup: senior
> Usergroup: junior
>
> User1: Developer, senior
> User2: Developer, junior
> User3: Projectmanager, senior
>

> Page1: should be viewable by only senior Developers but if i configure
> page access to Groups "Developer" and "senior" every senior AND every
> developer has access.
> What i want is ONLY Users that have the Group "Developer" AND "senior"
>
> Is there any way to configure Page and Contentelement access this way?
> What is the best way to configure the rights here?

my suggestion:
1st create 4 FE-groups:
	1 developer junior
	2 developer senior
	3 projectmgr junior
	4 projectmgr senior

2nd create 4 further groups which just include the other ones:
	5 developer	includes 1,2
	6 projectmgr	includes 3,4
	7 junior	includes 1,3
	8 senior	includes 2,4

now you can assigne fe-users to the groups 1 to 4
and build up content granted access to by 5 to 8

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html