[TYPO3-english] Noob question, installing on Mac Os X 10.6 server

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:09:02 CET 2009

Am Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:13:08 -0400 schrieb Christian Goudreau:

> All is in the title, I'm having some hard time to install typo3 on my
> server.
> But there's is one thing, I have a copy of every file that was already
> on another server, everyting is fine on that server. But on mine, every
> time a try to save or edit something, I just can't ! The panels to edit
> text are empty and I can't write inside them...

be more specific!

what have you done?

have you copied the whole server? including TYPO3-files, your files
(fileadmin), temporary files, the database-file(s)?

I can't imagine that this will work.

on a new server (where no TYPO3 has been installed before) I would start
with the basics:
get TYPO3-Source and dummy-packet, extract [1] and check install-tool
whether all needs are satisfied.

After the correct installation I would import the content/ export of the
old server (or mastertemplate [2]).
export is a t3d-file which should include everything, so you also can get
all files (fileadmin) from the old server.

[1] http://www.pi-phi.de/index.php?id=241&L=1
[2] http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html

bernd
--