[TYPO3-english] parsing tables to UML / XMI

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Oct 26 13:21:15 CET 2009

Hy,

I wrote a small Extension to parse the tables of an installation to
build a XMI-File.
Problem is that as far as I see there is no Model that can be used
application-independet, so usage of a XMI-File is senseless if the
structure doesn't  reflect the requirements of any software.
 From point of visual output by itself the modul JAP (project DALI) for
eclipse is the best I found but the UML is terrible for exchange because
nearly every TAG is linked to another file, furthermore a big bunch of
classes and functions is build - I don't need it.

Sense of my question/work is:
I want to documentate the tables and the relations without build-in
functionality of extensions to avoid that files like tca.php and
ext_tables must be read to understand all relations. With a widely
readable UML/XMI-File the visual output could be made by any software.

Has anyone experiences or tips concerning UML/XMI and a widely usable
structure (Model, MOF)?

Thanks,
David