[TYPO3-english] finding the access restricted content - recommendation?

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Thu Oct 22 14:35:43 CEST 2009

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Katja Lampela
Datum:       22.10.2009 11:44:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for an easy-management-solution for a site that has access
> restricted content in normal pages (side by side with the public
> content). Now this gets confusing in time to find the "extranet" content
> - both in BE and FE.
>
> I think I can add some automatically applied styles in content elements
> with conditions so that in FE the access restricted content will look
> different. That is fine.
>
> And in BE there is this extension pagetreetools in which a beuser can
> manually mark the pages that has access restricted content. I will check
> if this can be configured to be automatic too (would be better).
>
> But 2 questions remain:
> - how could I make a FE menu that would contain only the pages that has
> access restricted content
> - how could I make something similar in BE
>
> Any hints how to approach this very much appreciated, thanks!

Hallo Katja,

might be helpful to understand your needs for "access restricted content":
1) plain logged in /not logged in
2) or more different groups

For the menu in FE the question is if menutree is required: but this
will help: HMENU->special->userFunc
There you can do the menu as you like it.

For BE: I would check if it could be solved with actions...

Just first ideas.

Regs. Peter.

--
Fiat lux! Docendo discimus.