[TYPO3-english] admPanel for backend users

Alexander Hahn ringedingdong at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:34:38 CEST 2009

Hello,

I try to set up the admPanel for backend users. Admins see it, but
whatever I try, no "normal" user is able to see it.
TYPO3 version 4.2.9 is installed and I tried all the following methods:

Root-Template:
config.admPanel = 1
or
page.config.admPanel = 1
I checked this in the "TypoScript Object Browser".

User or Group TSconfig:
admPanel.enable = 1
admPanel.hide = 0
admPanel.edit.all = 1
(this is the shortest version i tried. I have used all variations I could
find on the net.)

In one forum I found this, but still no effect:
Page TSconfig:
admPanel.enable.hide = 0
admPanel.enable.cache = 1
admPanel.enable.edit = 1

I hope that someome has a different way or has experienced something like
this.

-- Alex