[TYPO3-english] How to configure crawler 3.0.0?

De Contardi Riccardo Riccardo.DeContardi at bhuman.it
Thu Oct 22 14:07:42 CEST 2009

Could you help me with the last version of Crawler (3.0.0)?

It's changed a lot from the previous one (2.1.0) and I can't get it
working!

On the old version, to crawl my pages manually (for indexing, for
example), I followed these steps:

Module: INFO

+ Select from dropdown: Site crawler

+ Select from dropdown: Start Crawling

+ Select from dropdown the Depth (e.g. "Infinite")

+ select URL (e.g. Home page (ID=1)

+ select the Processing Instructions (e.g. "Re-indexing")

+ click on "Update"

+ click on "Crawl URLS"

+ click on "continue"

+ Select from dropdown: CLI status

+ Click on "Run now"

And that was OK!

Now:

Module: INFO

+ Select from dropdown: Site crawler

+ Select from dropdown: Start Crawling

+ Select from dropdown the Depth (e.g. "Infinite")

+ Mark the "configurations"

+ click on "Update"

+ click on "Crawl Urls"

+ click on "continue"

+ Select from dropdown: Crawling Processes

+ Click on button "enable crawling"

+ Click on button "Add processes" (The plus with green background)

It appears a message with orange border "New process has been started,
refresh to monitor the state"

I click on  "refresh" only to discover that nothing was done at all!

Other messages:

General Information:

Pending Entries (assigned / overall):     0 / 125

Current server time:       22-10-09 12:59:31

Processes count (running / max)           0 / 1

CLI-Path:          /usr/bin/php
/var/lib/typo3-sites/dummy-4.2.9_test_din2L/typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh
crawler

I'm pretty sure there's something I miss somewhere...could you help me?

Thanks!

Riccardo De Contardi

B Human Srl - www.bhuman.it
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\riccardo.decontardi\Dati%20applic
azioni\Microsoft\Firme%20elettroniche\www.bhuman.it>

Via Canzio, 15 - 20131 Milano

Tel +39.02 20 23 271 - Fax +39.02 20 240 561

Chi riceve il presente messaggio e' tenuto a verificare se lo stesso non gli sia pervenuto per errore. In tal caso e' pregato di avvisare immediatamente il mittente e, tenuto conto delle responsabilita connesse all'indebito utilizzo e/o divulgazione del messaggio e/o delle informazioni in esso contenute, voglia cancellare l'originale e distruggere le varie copie o stampe.

The receiver of this message is required to check if he/she has received it erroneously. If so, the receiver is requested to immediately inform the sender and - in consideration of the responsibilities arising from undue use and/or disclosure of the message and/or the information contained therein - destroy the original message and any copy or printout thereof.