[TYPO3-english] pieces of template disappearing on T3 4.2.8

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Oct 21 22:44:40 CEST 2009

De Contardi Riccardo schrieb:

> My problem is the following: some days ago I discovered that sometimes
> the link to the page containing the plugin "tipafriend_plus"
> disappeared mysteriously (the link is built via TS:

Hello !

I don't know if it helps in your case, but I once created an extension
called "kb_watchdog" which allows you to watch special output on a page.

I used it for catching 404 errors or realURL errors. The extension
"watches" the generated output, and if a specific string is found in the
content, it generates a log entry and sends you an email about the error
occured.

You could slightly modify it, to "bark" whenever the watchdog does NOT
find a specific string in the content (like your tipafriend link).

You can configure which information the extension should store upon
finding an error. You can define to store objects like "TSFE" or
variables like $_SERVER, $_GET, $_POST, $TYPO3_CONF_VARs, etc.

You could then look int $_GET or $_POST if some special parameters get
posted, which keep the tip-a-friend extension from generating the link.

But the whole process would require a little knowledge of PHP to modify
the extension and probably about the tip-a-friend extensions.

Don't know if it will help, but you can get the "watchdog" extension
either from my SVN:

https://svn.think-open.org/svn/kb_watchdog/trunk/
User/Password: guest/guest

The readme file gives you a clue what the extension can do and how to
configure it:

https://svn.think-open.org/svn/kb_watchdog/trunk/README.txt

greets,
Bernhard