[TYPO3-english] Hide file browsing icon in BE?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Oct 21 16:30:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

Wiel, J.A.M. van de kirjoitti:
> There's a be GUI  issue I've been struggling with for quite some time now. When, for example, adding an image to a content element 'Text with Image', a user can choose to pick one from the file list under fileadmin using a small folder icon or he can use the 'Browse' button to get the image from his own PC and upload it (into /uploads).
>
> Is it at all possible to hide either of these options? Presently my user has no file mounts and no access to the File list be-module either, but the little folder icon is still there. When clicked, it just shows an almost empty and totally useless popup. I'd love to be able to hide the folder icon altogether in this case. On other occasions I would like to prevent users from adding their images directly from the local filesystem, but I haven't found a way to hide the 'Browse' button yet..

I'm not sure if it can be done, but I would search backend
user/usergroup TSConfig. With this you can hide the upload form:
setup.override.edit_docModuleUpload = 0
I realize this is not what you want to do, but I would suppose it would
be something like that (if it's possible, and as we all know, almost
everything is with TYPO3 ;).

--
  With kind regards

Katja Lampela