[TYPO3-english] Add fields to plugin

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Wed Oct 21 14:01:48 CEST 2009

Hi Bernard,
> > is there an easy way of adding fields to the flexform of a plugin?
> > I'd like to add several flags to the tt_news plugin. I've had a
> > look at t3lib_extMgm.addPiFlexFormValue() but it seems I can only
> > override with that not append.
> >
> > Is there also a way of appending more fields? Basically just like I
> > can append fields in the TCA for a record type.
>
> Search for the "DS" of the plugin. DS means DataStructure and in fact
> is something like TCA in XML form. It should usually reside in a
> "res/" directory of the plugin ... It is a simple XML file harboring
> the "columns" part of a TCA, but as mentioned: in XML form.

I'm aware of the DS. However, the only thing I could think of is to
read it, modify it and reference the new file. However, this is not a
very good method if more than one extension does that because they
would all just know the original DS. Isn't there a way of adding to the
DS once it has been parsed and loaded into memory? That would solve my
problem perfectly. :)

Cheers,
Christian