[TYPO3-english] Hide file browsing icon in BE?

Wiel, J.A.M. van de j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Wed Oct 21 12:58:21 CEST 2009

Hello list,
There's a be GUI  issue I've been struggling with for quite some time now. When, for example, adding an image to a content element 'Text with Image', a user can choose to pick one from the file list under fileadmin using a small folder icon or he can use the 'Browse' button to get the image from his own PC and upload it (into /uploads).

Is it at all possible to hide either of these options? Presently my user has no file mounts and no access to the File list be-module either, but the little folder icon is still there. When clicked, it just shows an almost empty and totally useless popup. I'd love to be able to hide the folder icon altogether in this case. On other occasions I would like to prevent users from adding their images directly from the local filesystem, but I haven't found a way to hide the 'Browse' button yet..

Hoping anyone has any ideas for me..

Bas