[TYPO3-english] translation of menu titles

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Oct 21 12:17:52 CEST 2009

Simon Child schrieb:

>> TYPO3_CONF_VARS[FE][pageOverlayFields] in the install tool?
>
> uid,title,subtitle,nav_title,media,keywords,description,abstract,author,author_email
>
> Hmm, so it should work? But it doesn't :(

Hi!

I guess you upgraded from <4.3 to 4.3? Did you?

Yesterday I debugged the same problem for a customer, and the result
was, that an SQL error when selecting the pageOverlay fields, resulted
in this problem.

Try to enable "debugSQL" in the install-tool, and set "devIPmask" to
your IP to get the SQL error. I guess you will get an SQL error
complaining about "pages_language_overlay" ...

If I remember it correct (do I ;) you should remove the fields "author"
and "author_email" from the pageOverlayFields. So it should be:

 uid,title,subtitle,nav_title,media,keywords,description,abstract

It would be interesting if you upgraded to 4.3. Because if you are
having a blank install, and this error occurs, this would have to get
fixed as it is a bug! They obviously removed "author" and "author_email"
from pages_language_overlay in 4.3.

greets,
Bernhard