[TYPO3-english] Extending TYPO3 Copy-Paste ability

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Oct 21 10:35:24 CEST 2009

Sancar Saran schrieb:

> Our system someting like frontend editing, its adds another data layer for
> generating page structure and adding plugins/html content  and stores data in
> different db table.

Well. If you change the way TYPO3 works, by adding another system for
page-structure, you more or less change the complete concept of TYPO3.

I can not give and advice in this case. Except the following: If you
still use TYPO3s copy/paste feature (and did not implement your own) the
best way to start would be to use one of the hookf of t3lib_tcemain.

I wrote in my last mail:

>> As an alternative, you could use a hook in t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php
>> to take required steps whenever you copy a record. You can read about
>> hooks here:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.2.0/view/3/4/

So go on an use a "hook" in t3lib_tcemain. Just open:
t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php
and search for the word "hook". You can read about the concept of hooks
under the above URL.

greets,
Bernhard