[TYPO3-english] translation of menu titles

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Wed Oct 21 02:34:46 CEST 2009

I want my menus to show the titles in the selected language of my
multilanguage site, but I can only get the title of the active page to show
in the selected language. When I navigate away from that page, the menu
shows the title in the default language. How can I fix this?

It seems that the alternative language title/nav_title for multilanguage
sites are not stored in table pages but in table pages_languages_overlay. So
I can't access the value I want using e.g. field = nav_title//title

How can I fix  this?

I have the multilanguage working (single-tree) and have set an alternative
page title, nav_title in localisation, and translated content, and that
works ok.

For testing I've tried a very simple menu:

temp.topmenu = HMENU
temp.topmenu.1=TMENU
temp.topmenu.1 {
    noBlur=1
    ACT=1
    CUR=1
}

temp.topmenu.1.NO {
    allWrap=<li>|</li>
}

temp.topmenu.1.ACT {
    allWrap=<li class="active">|</li>
}

temp.topmenu.1 {
    wrap = <ul>|</ul>
}

config.linkVars = L
config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback
config.language = en
config.locale_all = en_EN
config.htmlTag_langKey = en-EN
config.sys_language_uid = 0
[browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
xml:lang="en"

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.language = de
config.locale_all = de_DE
config.htmlTag_langKey = de-DE
config.sys_language_uid = 1
[globalVar = GP:L = 1] && [browser = msie]
config.htmlTag_setParams = xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
xml:lang="de"
[global]

Thanks