[TYPO3-english] Double Opt for direct Mail subscription

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Oct 16 14:52:06 CEST 2009

Andreas Becker schrieb:
> Hi all
> does anybody know an extension or way which provides "double opt" also for
> direct Mail subscriptions?

If I understand you correct, you not only want your customers to have to
approve their subscription by clicking on a link, but also have to
require one of your admins to accept the subscription. Is this correct ?

I set up such a system once - but I would have to dig around for it. In
fact what I did was:

set "hidden = 3" when a new record gets created instead of "hidden = 1"
Then used the "setFixed" functions which gets used for the confirmation
link in the email to do a binary "and" like:

hidden = hidden & b'10';

when the confirmation link was clicked by the customer, and another
binary "and":

hidden = hidden & b'01';

when the admin approved the subscription. quite tricky. But only after
both have clicked the subscription link, the initial value of the hidden
field 3 = b'11' will be changed to "0" and the record will be visible.

If you are interested, I could take a look where I implemented this. It
requires to XCLASS the fe-Admin script.

greets,
Bernhard