[TYPO3-english] gifbuilder PNG problem

Georg Schönweger georg.schoenweger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:12:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

i think i discovered a bug in GIFBUILDER, and was asking myself if
somebody of you has encountered the same problem.
I made this test site where you can see the problem:
http://gifbuilder.susi1.ath.cx/test1.html
As you can see there the last generatet GIFBUILDER image is not
generatet correctly.
The png file i use there is just an example, the problem happens on 99%
of all png OR gif files which have ONLY white, black and transparent in it.
The problem occurs ONLY with the settings

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['png_truecolor'] = '1';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['gdlib_png'] = '1';

i think these settings tells GIFBUILDER to work internally with png
files. Without these settings the generatet images has bad quality or no
transparency at all, but the bug does not occur! I'm using Typo3 4.2.9.
I tested with IM 4.2.9, IM 6.2.5 and newest IM 6.5.6-10. I tried also
with PHP 5.1.2 (GD Version 2.0.28) and PHP 5.2.9 (GD 2.0.34)

kind regards,
Georg