[TYPO3-english] extension without adding plugin

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Oct 15 00:12:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

As you got no answer yet...

> I'm trying to do the following:
> Create an extension and have the code be automatically included in the
> page, without having to add a plugin to the page.
> An example of an extension that works this way is kj_imagelightbox2
> After installing the extension you do not actively have to add it to the
> page as a content element. It's code will be included automatically.
> I've tried creating an extension, and just choose frontend and just
> include library. But nothing show in my page when I try it this way.
>
> Any hints on how to do this?

1) Analyze what does kj_imagelightbox2
2) Give a bit more information about what you want _exactly_ to achieve because I must say that I do not understand what you want to do. Some ideas you may have:

    a) Add some javascript in header
    b) Process text to do some changes (e.g., replacing some words by others)
    c) "Automatically" adding some plugin that shows, let's say bank quotes, on each page of your site

You may add a given plugin on each page using 1-2 lines of TypoScript in your template. See for example macina_searchbox to add a search form on each page. Or the same to add some icons to let user
bookmark each and every page in some well-known community bookmark manager.

What are you looking for?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en