[TYPO3-english] Synchronize two servers

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Oct 14 15:59:43 CEST 2009

Sergio Catalá Gil schrieb:

> I would like to sync everything: changes on PHP files on extensions (filesystem), DB changes, etc...
>
> I've seen "treesync" extension but can't get it working.
>
> I would like something that it's done, not having to code it.

In such a case I usually use "rsync" to sync the filesystem, and do a
manual "mysqldump" and import on the other machine. You could put all
this together in a little shell script.

Probably there are some out there, but most people hackt their own
update script together in a few minutes.

I guess there is no pre-built solution out there, as updating a live
version like this, only works as long as you do not let editors and/or
FE-users onto your live-version, else you would destroy any change being
made to the live version, but not to your dev-system (I guess you want
to sync your dev system to the live-version)

greets,
Bernhard