[TYPO3-english] GraphicsMagick combine on Windows

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Oct 12 13:38:39 CEST 2009

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] schrieb:

> I also deleted any intermediate images in typo3temp/temp/
> The install_* images are nicely recreated when I call the Install Tool
> tests and they still contain the inverted mask - whatever settings I
> choose for ['im_negate_mask'] and ['im_imvMaskState'].

For "GM" it doesn't matter if you set either of the flags, as soon as you go to the
Install-Tool, you will see both flags are cleard. This is cause GM always worked
out of the box using the following settings.

I just found out the following: Your box executes the command:

gm.exe composite -compose over +matte greenback.gif jesus.jpg mask.gif output.jpg

Whereas my box (Ubuntu linux) performs the command:

gm.exe composite -compose over +matte jesus.jpg greenback.gif mask.gif output.jpg

So the "greenback.gif" and "jesus.jpg" parameters got exchanged. This happens in
"t3lib_div::imageMagickCommand" I do currently not know why.

I also tested this in 4.2.9 and it works on my box. We could try to debug this, but
I do not have a windows box, so you would have to do this for me:

Check out "t3lib/class.t3lib_div" and head on to function "imageMagickCommand". There
go to the following code:

-------------------
      if($command=='composite' && $switchCompositeParameters)  {  // Because of some weird incompatibilities between ImageMagick 4 and 6 (plus GraphicsMagick), it is needed to change the parameters order under some preconditions
         $paramsArr = t3lib_div::unQuoteFilenames($parameters);

put a "print_r($paramsArr);" before and after the block

if(count($paramsArr)>5) {
}

And then visit the install tool combin test. At the top of the install-tool page, you'll see the
print_r output. View the source of this frame, and send me the resulting print_r's

greets,
Bernhard