[TYPO3-english] Display navbar outside of typo3

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 12 07:52:57 CEST 2009

Ok well I created a page, its id is 57, I created a template for the page and under setup got this typoscript code

# Create a page with nothing but the menu markup
#
# Disable ALL auto-generated TYPO3 markup:
config.disableAllHeaderCode = 1
# Unset any default PAGE object that may already exist:
page >
# Create a new page template:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 123
# Add your main navigation to this page:
page.10 < lib.main_navigation

But when I goto http://rcbitsolutions.com/index.php?id=57&type=123 i just get a blank page.  I even tried removing the page.typeNum = 123 in the typoscript and just went to http://rcbitsolutions.com/index.php?id=57 but it was still just blank.  Now I've never really done much with typoscript so i probably did something wrong.

Any suggestions?

@David - I'm not exactly a typo3 pro.  I'm an IT consultant, I use typo3 fro my website and want to add blogging capabilities and I prefer to go with somethign written specifically for that purpose.  I simple want a place to psot my thought idea, ect about tech related issues mainly as a way to show potential customers i know what i'm talking about, or at least make them think that.

That said my specialty is really networking type stuff not coding so as far as this typoscript is concerns I'm lost.