[TYPO3-english] Display navbar outside of typo3

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 07:33:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Ryan Bilesky <rbilesky at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks but I could probably accomplish the same by copying the outputted html on my homepage but I am looking for something that doesn't have to be redone whenever the menu changes.

Well, that rules out TYPO3 altogether since you'll have to clear the
cache any time you change the main menu structure anyhow ;-p

But seriously, I suggested the static file method so that requests for
your Wordpress pages do not add additional overhead to your TYPO3
site.

In other words, if you just do the same without the static publishing
component, everything will still work the same way, but your wordpress
pages will require the TYPO3 framework to be invoked, requests made to
the database etc on *every* page load. With a statically published
file, this overhead is completely eliminated, but the file is still
managed from inside TYPO3. IMO, these benefits are more than worth the
two or three extra clicks involved in re-publishing the static file
occasionally.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/