[TYPO3-english] TS condition on tt_content uid

G.Unger skyfreak1 at gmx.net
Sun Oct 11 15:42:55 CEST 2009

hello everybody

I do have a question on conditions based on the tt_content uid.
the situation:

I want to include 2 tt_news list views on the same page.
the first list displays only news from a news category named
"proirity1" the second list displays only news from a news category
named "proirity2".
both lists have different templates (layouts) assigned directly in
plugin settings, the first list shows only the latest two
"proirity1"-news one beneath the other. the second list shows the
latest four "proirity2"-news in a 2x2 grid.

sofar so good, no problem up to here, now the hook.

both lists display the news as follows:
image - header - subheader - content

the fact that I cannot crop the content only the subheader in the
plugin settings makes me use TS to crop the content:

	    plugin.tt_news.displayList.content_stdWrap.crop = 300 | ...

and now the problem, the second list (2x2 grid layout from news-cat
"proirity2") should use a different crop (only 80 chars)

	    plugin.tt_news.displayList.content_stdWrap.crop = 80 | ...

now I thought of a condition based either on the news-category-UID or
on the page content-element-UID to put in TS.
for the condition on the news-category-UID I haven't found anything.
but for the content-element-UID I found in
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/De:TSrefConditions#globalVar

# Example: change the plugin config settings for a plugin with the uid 37
[globalVar = TSFE:tt_content|uid = 37]
    plugin.tt_news._LOCAL_LANG.de.preAuthor = Autor:
[global]

my second news plugin, list view is the tt_content uid 27 so I tried

[globalVar = TSFE:tt_content|uid = 27]
    plugin.tt_news.displayList.content_stdWrap.crop = 80 | ...
[global]

but it doesn't return anything at all, means the content is uncroped.

anybody an idea how to crop the RTE-text content of two newslist on one
page with a different length?
T3 v. 4.2.9
tt_news v. 2.5.2

thx and rgds