[TYPO3-english] fn admin_get_fields()

Marcel Remmy marcel.remmy at fh-kl.de
Fri Oct 9 15:52:42 CEST 2009

hi there,

how is the TYPO3 way to get information about a column in the table of
connected database? i was looking for the equivalent of MySQL?s 'SHOW
COLUMN' or 'DESCRIBE' so i can process the column width of let?s say
fe_groups.title (if i had to handle group names longer than the default
char amount that can be saved there).

i?m not about to change the field size or something, but i?d like my
extension to 'know' of not all information could be saved to the database :)

how do you solve this?

i?m about to use the function admin_get_fields($tableName) which was
designed for Install Tool and EM purposes. I?d love to use something
like exec_INFOquery but this hasn?t been done yet afaik ^^

i?m open for other ways and inspirations (-:

marcel