[TYPO3-english] new admin - user login help

Lara Burton emailforweb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:37:57 CEST 2009

> I am a student at a university and I was hired as a webmaster for our
> college server.  Part of my responsibilities include maintaining a TYPO3
> Version 4.0 website.  Having no previous experience with TYPO3, I am
> learning my way around, but I have a problem I can’t solve yet.
>
> May I ask for some advice?  Here is an email from a department secretary:
>
> [quote]
>
> At the beginning of the semester I moved into a different office and
> acquired an existing computer.  I had Computer Support install Internet
> Explorer which is the browser needed to work on the current website but
when
> I go to [the TYPO3 login screen] this is the message I get:
>
> You have not activated your user name.  Would you like to activate your
user
> name now?  This requires an active Internet connection.
>
> I click ‘Yes’ and this message appears:
>
> Error during seat activation process.  There are no free seats available
for
> this license.  Please contact your system administrator.
>
> [/quote]
>
> She is still able to logon from her old computer, just not the new one.

[Christopher Torgalson]
This is nothing to do with TYPO3. It sounds like she's unable to
connect to the internet at all.

[Lara]
Thank-you for your quick response--but if she is able to connect to the
TYPO3 login screen, and receive a TYPO3 error message, she is getting
Internet connection.  As a new administrator, I don't understand the "Error
during seat activation process.  There are no free seats available for this
license." message.

Thank-you again
elby - Lara Burton