[TYPO3-english] GMENU Font Error

Jamie Gorst info at capitalhosting.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 12:14:44 CEST 2009

Erik,

I would do this however I¹ve invested a lot of time into generating gmenus.
I don¹t have the time to start building a standard tmenu that I can use
again and again.

I¹ve searched around but can¹t find a resource for code already written that
includes styles and setup script that¹s not complicated typoscript... Would
be useful, any ideas?

Cheers
Jamie

On 7/10/09 20:58, "Erik Svendsen" <erik at linnearad.no> wrote:

> GMENU is never a really good choice for menus. In my opinion you should
> never use it. Why:
> 1. It's a bad accessibility choice, your menu is unreadable for a screen
> reader.
> 2. It's not good for search engines.
> 3. It makes very often a slower website - more http requests.
>
> When you are using ordinary fonts, Arial, Verdana, it's better with
> TMENU and CSS. In my opinion it's also faster to code.
>
> Even when you are making menus with other fonts, there are better
> solutions than GMENU.
>
> Regards
>
> Erik Svendsen
>

> Jamie Gorst skrev:
>> Bernhard,
>>
>> Thanks for that ­ I¹m still struggling. I¹ve tried so many different options
>> within the install and with the menu items themselves. I now seem to think
>> its down to PHP or imagemagick. I¹ve got 4 full installations of typo3 with
>> 20-30 websites on each....
>>
>> It doesn¹t seem fair to have to use a tmenu when gmenus are so easy to
>> create! I can provide login details for my new server if you¹d like to take
>> a look.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jamie

>>> If changing the flag "gdlib_2", you'll probably have to clear all images
>>> cached in "typo3temp/GB" (GB is for GifBuilder) and "typo3temp/pics"
>>>
>>> Somewhere around ther are also files which are called "menu_" or
>>> similar. Those are the images created for menus using the GifBuilder.
>>>

>>> greets,
>>> Bernhard