[TYPO3-english] Localisation: the content get translated, but the menus stays in default language.

Claus Lavdal cl at mergeit.dk
Wed Oct 7 13:26:11 CEST 2009

sys_language_mode = ignore

L=0
Content: Danish - Menu: danish

L=2
http://www.mergeit.dk/en/open-it.html
Content english (most of it :-) - Menu danish

sys_language_mode = content_fallback

L=0
Content: Danish - Menu: danish

L=2
http://www.mergeit.dk/en/open-it.html
Content: danish - Menu: danish

The only change is the more/mere ind tt_news - teaser view.

sys_language_mode = strict

L=0
Content: Danish - Menu: danish

L=2
http://www.mergeit.dk/en/open-it.html

Error!

Reason: Page is not available in the requested language (strict).

Additionally, http://www.mergeit.dk/en/div/page-not-found.html was not
found while trying to retrieve the error document.
<<

The page and most of the subpages (but not all) are translated. look at
web-info localisation overview on page 2 in http://mergeit.org/fileadmin/
indhold/Localisation.pdf

I can offer a BE login if you want to look at the problem.

We are also willing to pay if it can increase motivation :-)
I do not think it is a simple configuration issue, but more a (self made)
bug.