[TYPO3-english] pageNotFound_handling - robot.txt can't be found ...

Thomas Russel blueworm01 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 7 08:31:34 CEST 2009

Hello,

at the moment, I'Ve set
[pageNotFound_handling]
http://www.mydomain.tld/index.php?id=129  (which is my 404page)

[pageNotFound_handling_statheader]
HTTP/1.0 307 Temporary Redirect

Because I'm moving from another site and don'T want google to get a 404.

MY PROBLEM:

I used to have a robots.txt file in my root. But now, when I try
accessing it via mydomain.tld/robots.txt Typo3 of course says "not found!".

Same for other files I manually put into the root, like sitemap.xml etc.

What can I do to prevent that? Can I make typo3 only 'catch' onyl
certain file types?  like html/htm/pdf/jpg/gif/png ?

I case anyone asks, here is my htaccess (maybe it's the problem causer):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule
^/(typo3|typo3temp|typo3conf|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|uploads|showpic\.php)$
- [L]
RewriteRule
^/(typo3|typo3temp|typo3conf|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|uploads|showpic\.php)/.*$
- [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l