[TYPO3-english] realurl: show link to homepage just as a / instead of "home/" ?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Oct 5 08:09:48 CEST 2009

Thomas Russel schrieb:

> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>
>> Make your "Home" page a shortcut to the real home page.
>
> [...]
>
> At the moment, my tree is
>
> |-Root (shortcut to home)
>
> [...]
>
>> Because you did not configure RealURL for the current domain. Read the
>> manual...
>
> How come? I thought _DEFAULT counts for all (not specific configured)
> domains..
>
> All the different information on on the net confuse me a bit.
> theres the extension doc, then theres your blog "realurl made easy" and
> then there's a wiki.

Hello Thomas,

In your case, I would put the content of "Home" onto the "Root" page.
and then make the page "Home" a shortcut to "Root" - instead of the
other way round.

Now if realURL links to the page "Home" it will follow the shortcut and
will link to the page "Root". At least thats what happens if you
configure it correctly.

Without realURL TYPO3 will put the id= of the page "Home" into the link,
and when loading the page set the page-id to the id of "Root" internally.

So in your case just set the shortcuts as described above, and configure
realURL following this recipe:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/realurl/1.5.3/view/1/3/

It explains how to get links like "/products/basket" instead of plain id
links. Take a look at the "pagePath" property of realURL, described in
this section.

greets,
Bernhard