[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3 english] 4.3.0beta1 Extension List for Backend and Frontend

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Oct 5 08:00:22 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
>> I do not really see what sense it makes, to load some extensions in FE
>> some others only in BE. As "loading" an extension merely only means to
>> include "ext_tables.php" and "ext_localconf.php" which anyways get
>> cached in typo3conf/temp_CACHED_
>>

> there was a good reason for this - performance. Even including files and
> filling arrays with extensions that are not needed in FE saves a lot of
> time. And usage of ext_tables and ext_localconf sometimes do much more
> like including other files, doing logic etc.

Hello Steffen,

"Performance" was one of my first guesses ;) But I once tried to do some
optimization in this directions, and found out all this require/include
of some files, does not take most of the time (if an PHP accelerator is
used). Most of the time of a TYPO3 request is consumed with database
queries and waiting for the result.

PHP accelerators like eAccelerator or MMcache speed up the execution of
TYPO3 by about 10 times. So they are almost a "must".

But if you look at the times consumed by a hit to the FE (either cached
or uncached),  you'll find out, that much time is consumed by sending a
query to the database, and directly afterwards reading the result.

It would speed up things quite a bit. If the query would be made as
early as possible. Then do some other things required. And later on
fetch the result, which will already be available in the output buffers
of the database at this time.

greets,
Bernhard