[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3 english] 4.3.0beta1 Extension List for Backend and Frontend

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Oct 4 23:15:31 CEST 2009

Andreas Becker schrieb:

> yeah I like to work with extensions which get still mentained ;-) and which
> have active developers. But before we use them in one of our preset packages
> I need to test them. Unfortunately since 4.2. until now 4.3.0beta1 there
> were so many major changes in the core that with every new update something
> stops working. Your extensions NOT :-) which is really good.

It seems they changed quite a lot of good old "do not change this"
things in 4.3. Do not ask me why - but for along time it was a rule not
to break old behaviour (At least that was usual in times Kasper was
still "on the boat"). Well - probably it made sense in those cases.

I do not really see what sense it makes, to load some extensions in FE
some others only in BE. As "loading" an extension merely only means to
include "ext_tables.php" and "ext_localconf.php" which anyways get
cached in typo3conf/temp_CACHED_

greets,
Bernhard