[TYPO3-english] Typo3 stops showing content

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Oct 4 22:51:51 CEST 2009

Søren Juul schrieb:

> Our typo3 site stops showing the content at least once every day, the only
> way to get it started again is to clear the FE cache. I should mention that
> we are running on an old server (4.0.13) because our host only have a PHP 4
> server. We are using Template Auto-parser for templates. It is also only the
> front page that that isn't showing, the rest are going as always.

The described behaviour usually means, that at some time an empty page
is generated and stored in cache. When this has happened, only the empty
page will get delivered.

It could be, that your content-area does not get rendered properly by
the TypoScript defining it. This could be the cause, if you have any
special extensions, or custom php-scripts included, which do not work
properly all the time.

Check the TypoScript object which renders your content (usually
something like:

page.10 < plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

or similar. Especially the elements in the "markers" and "subparts"
section of your TypoScript - one of them, only found on the root-page
will probably cause the problem.

greets,
Bernhard