[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3 english] 4.3.0beta1 Extension List for Backend and Frontend

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Oct 4 11:49:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

> What about all those 4000 Extensions which are already in TER before this FE
> List existed. I am asking as both Lists for Backend and Frontend seem to be
> nearly the same length and nearly no difference at all. It looks like all
> extensions get written to both lists.

That parameter is brand new. The vast majority of public extensions
haven't yet been updated to use it. Only system extensions have been
updated yet, and maybe the odd public extensions. So - of course - given
the sheer number of extensions available and that may installed in a
system at any given time, it will look as if both lists of extensions
look nearly the same. This should improve as developers update their
extensions and use the doNotLoadInFE flag.

That being said, the majority of extensions available in the TER are
related to the FE, so most will not use this new flag. Still having this
allows for a performance improvement, so it's worth it.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter