[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3 english] 4.3.0beta1 ALTER TABLE sys_refindex ADD KEY lookup_string (ref_table,ref_string);

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Fri Oct 2 07:00:05 CEST 2009

Hi All

After updating to 4.3.0beta1 we performed the update wizard and now tried a
compare of all tables as otherwise we only receive error messages in front
and backend.
Unfortunately we can't alter:

*ALTER TABLE sys_refindex ADD KEY lookup_string (ref_table,ref_string);*

MySQL is complaining:

*#1071 - Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes*

How can we work around this problem or even bet get rid of it?

Thanks

Andi