[TYPO3-english] No InnoDB Engine

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Thu Oct 1 07:03:32 CEST 2009

Ryan Bilesky wrote:
> Well its a VPS< I would have to do that...I'm just not sure how.

Hi Ryan,

You need to check if Innodb is available in your mysql-server. MySQL
comes with different storage-engines. I believe, but correct me if I am
wrong, that InnoDB is "always" availale in the latest versions. (5.X)

For example I have the following settings in the file /etc/my.cnf (OSX)
I think this is a pretty default setting and is not optimized for high
traffic whatsoever. But at least it might give you an idea what you need
to use in your MySQL configuration file.

[mysqld]
socket = /tmp/mysql.sock
character-set-server = utf8
character_set_server=utf8
innodb_data_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
#innodb_log_arch_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/
# You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
# of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
# Set .._log_file_size to 25 % of buffer pool size
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

and this site might help you to getting things done:
http://www.innodb.com/support/tips/

Kind regards,
Mark