[TYPO3-english] Hide a field in the backend without affecting default settings

Jochem Nabuurs | ROQUIN E-Solutions jochem at roquin.nl
Mon Nov 30 11:56:14 CET 2009

No, that didn't work, but thanks for thinking with me...

I've come up with a temporary solution by using
TCEFORM.fe_users.usergroup.removeItems = <id's of items to be excluded>
Because removeItems only works on fields of type "select" I can use it here
but if I want to set a default value for a field of another type, the above
is useless.

2009/11/30 Susanne Moog <typo3 at susanne-moog.de>

> Hi,
>
> Jochem Nabuurs wrote:
> > *My question:*
> >
> > Is there a way to hide the usergroup field for the editors usergoup
> > while retaining the possibility to set a default value per sysfolder
> > (with TCAdefaults f.e.)
> > Limiting the number of choices in the usergroup selection box to 1 is
> > also an option, as is the disabling (grey out) of the selection items.
> > Maybe this is possible with *TCEFORM.fe_users.usergroup.removeItems*,
> > but I haven't checked this yet.
>
> try disabling the field within the access list of the user group (edit
> your editor usergroup, choose tab access list, go to "allowed exclude
> fields" and disable "pagecontent: access". That could do the trick.
>
> HTH,
>
> Susanne

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jochem Nabuurs