[TYPO3-english] RC2: What is the csc-default frame for?

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 17:35:59 CET 2009

>> Would you really expect to confirm every little thing that might
>> slightly change the installation behaviour when you upgrade? You have
>> the choice to either upgrade it or not and you should make that
>> decision as an informed admin. Surely the mere act of deciding to
>> upgrade is confirmation isn't it?
> [...]
>
> Did you ever did a version upgrade in the install?
> Do you remember how to upgrade from version 3.8 to 4.X?
> How to confirm to use div instead of tables for imgtext e.g.?
>
> That's what I would expect in this case also.
> As there are not only "informed" admins who run TYPO3 I think it would
> be a just usablity. Without that trouble is on the way.
>
> Peter.

Listen mate, I'm not trying to have an argument with you, (especially
over what is a checkbox or a few lines of typoscript!) but I think there
is a difference in confirmation of radically changing the whole way that
rendering is handled versus this nuance of a change. This is not a big
or fundamental change in the way rendering is done IMO