[TYPO3-english] Import/Export national chars problem

Pero Matic takoje at takoje.hr
Fri Nov 27 14:20:20 CET 2009

"David Bruchmann" <typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de> wrote in message 
news:mailman.2118.1259327132.615.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
> ----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
> Von:        Pero Matic <takoje at takoje.hr>
> Gesendet:   Freitag, 27. November 2009 13:51:50
> An:         typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
> CC:
> Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] Import/Export national chars problem
>> I'm going nuts with this. Charset is the same - iso-8859-2 (forced in 
>> BE). The best thing is that i have another site in the same Typo3 
>> installation that is working fine. Now i tried creating minimal template 
>> setup with only one Text element in BE. When i insert some national 
>> characters in Text header, header is not displayed (it's wrapped with 
>> stuff like <h1> bla bla) but no actual header content. If i write it with 
>> english letters only its fine.
> Hi Pero,
> for UTF8 ist made the following settings in localconf.php:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8'.chr(10).'SET 
> character_set_connection = utf8'; // Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Install 
> Tool.
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['UTF8filesystem'] = 1;
> Corresponding for iso-8859-2 you should set it like follows I think:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'iso-8859-2';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES iso-8859-2'.chr(10).'SET 
> character_set_connection = iso-8859-2';
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['UTF8filesystem'] = 0;
> ... Because the default-connection of TYPO3 is iso-8859-1.
> I suppose that's all but you can read the linked article if it doesn't 
> work:
> http://www.bruchmann-web.de/en/support/typo3/tipps-und-tricks/utf-8-in-typo3/

David thx. I could try messing up with those settings but as I wrote, i have 
two sites in the same Typo3 installation in iso-8859-2 and they work fine. 
Now i tried some debugging using Admin panel->TypoScript and i can see 
clearly those characters in it:


<h1 class="csc-firstHeader">cc</h1>

But in web browser i get this:

<h1 class="csc-firstHeader"></h1>

(empty). I can't belive this is happening. 

More information about the TYPO3-english mailing list