[TYPO3-english] RC2: What is the csc-default frame for?

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 11:13:40 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

No offence but I think thats a bit naive of an expectation perhaps.
Every upgrade that I can think of (from 3.6 - > 3.7 -> 3.8 - etc -> to
4.3) has involved slight changes and modification to how the rendering
is done - from 'cset default' and 'content' in 3.6 to csc in v 4.3.

That's just the nature of the beast and tbh in my opinion they keep
evolving in ways for the good. Granted I wasn't happy about this wrap
around the html items either when it first happened (as we've been using
  4.3 beta for an upgrade for sometime now) as it involved having to go
and rewrite how it worked in one instance. But that was only the one
instance.

Additionally there are notes as to what has changed in each instance so
the admin can gauge if it will cause a problem. As well you can set the
rendering mode to be a former version of csc if you want it to be.

All in all I think this is fine personally.

Just my 2cents