[TYPO3-english] Template folder on automaketemplate

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 26 18:23:50 CET 2009

Hi Sergio,

Sergio Catalá Gil wrote:
> I'm reorganizing my template files and I would like to put them on a
> folder outside "fileadmin". It doesn't seem possible on automaketemplate
> extension.

This has nothing to do with automaketemplate. It uses normal TypoScript
to define the file which it should use as a template.
In TS Ref you can find the details about the FILE object and it's .file
property.

> plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
>   content = FILE
>   content.file = media/home/templates/page.html

This means that the file is read from the path media/.... which should
be relative to the website root (because it doesn't start with a slash '/')
As long as the path and the file are readable it can be used.

> but it displays a blank page as if template file wouldn't exist
> (permissions and path is right).

Maybe something is missing in the way you set up the PAGE object?
automaketemplate "only" puts markers in your HTML template, but you
still need to use that for normal template processing.

Regards, Jigal.