[TYPO3-english] Configuration space for plugins (?)

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Nov 23 23:59:46 CET 2009

Hi.

On 23.11.2009 21:14 Francois Suter wrote:

>> I do not know if this makes any sense, as you could use any arbitrary
>> TypoScript path like lib.myPlugin, but if this is in the documentation
>> I   would like to know who introduced this.
>
> My guess is that it's very old...
>
>> If no references can be found in the core (I did not have a look) I
>> guess it could get removed from the documentation
>
> That's what I think too. I'll write that down as a possible clean up to
> do at some point.

You can also find this syntax in TSconfig docs.
There we have tx_[extension key with no underscore] as a reserved syntax
for custom top level objects in userTS/pageTS.
IMHO it is used in tt_news to set the single pid for the save&view
button. I also use it in a non-public extension.

But I have never seen TS like
config.tx_extname_pi.whatever
in the last 7 years in the wild...

--