[TYPO3-english] GIF Builder Transparent background

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 18 15:26:18 CET 2009

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> This gives me a problem with the "backColor = #00605f" option, because is
> looks like the h1 is inserted in a sqare box, which was not the intension.

You could use
	transparentBackground = 1
	transparentColor.closest = 1
This will make the background transparent (for a GIF image), but the
anti-aliassing will use your backColor as the color to fade to (like the
option 'Matte' in Photoshop).

It is on the wishlist for Gifbuilder to be able to produce 32-bit PNG
files, but at the moment this is not possible AFAIK.

Regards, Jigal.